Marimo Exhibition and Observation Center
”Marimo in Lake Akan" has been designated as a Special Natural Monument in Japan. Marimo Exhibition and Observation Center is on Churui Island, which is one of the four islands in Lake Akan. It give you a chance to observe this lovely creature up close and to learn its biology. Underwater cameras give a glimpse at colonies of marimo in their natural environment. Visitors can also see real marimo in an aquarium designed to simulate the lake bottom.
- Akancho Akankonsen, Kushiro-shi, Hokkaido
- About 80 minutes from JR Kushiro station by car
About 60 minutes from Kushiro Airport by car
then get on Lake Akan excursion boat
- Adult 2000 yen, child 1040 yen
- Hours (Season)
- *Times may vary depending on the season.
For more information, please visit the website of Akan Sightseeing Cruise Company.
- Regular Closures
- Closed during winter season
- ◯(Pay parkings are neaby.)
Visitors who read this article also read:
- Related Keywords