Based at Lake Akan, the Akan Nature Center supports outdoor activities throughout Akan-Mashu National Park based on its theme of "For tomorrow, play!" From canoe tours to nature walks, various programs are available throughout the year to enjoy the nature of Akan and its surrounding area. Try their menu of rarely-seen tours, such as early morning canoeing, starry sky tour, and hiking in the Maeda Ippoen "Forest of Light".
- 5-3-3, Akancho Akankonsen, Kushiro-shi, Hokkaido
- About 80 minutes from JR Kushiro station by car
About 60 minutes from Kushiro Airport by car
- Activity Type
- Canoe Activity, Nature Activity
- Hours (Season)
- ・ Lake Akan Canadian Canoe Adventure Course (about 2 hours) 5,300 yen
・ Venture into Maeda Ippoen ""Forest of Light"" Hiking (about 2 hours) 3,800 yen
- ・ Snowshoe Akan River Night Tour (about 1 hour 45 minutes) 4,200 yen
・ Akan Forest Snowshoe Half Day Tour 5,250 yen
- Regular Closures
- Irregular Holidays
*The outdoor guide fee indicated here is per person and includes insurance based on a two-person tour. Fee subject to change based on a multi-person discount when including youth or when booking alone. Please contact each business office for more details.